Management of Microsoft Defender Antivirus
- Holistically Secure
Microsoft Defender Management Integration
The real-time protection Microsoft Defender Antivirus, pre-installed in Windows 10, makes an important contribution to the detection and elimination of malware and unwanted programs. But virus scanning is only one component in a complete security solution.
DriveLock integrates the management of Microsoft Defender Antivirus with its Zero Trust platform and enables common, convenient centralised management of DriveLock prevention tools Application control, Device control and Endpoint detection & response with Microsoft Defender.
No additional Microsoft management solutions such as Intune or SCCM are required for configuration. Enormous advantage: There is no need to distribute, no individual group policies.
This allows DriveLock customers to manage everything from a centralised platform in DriveLock and further reduce the risk of losing data to malware, spyware or ransomware.
DriveLock MS Defender AV Management Features
- Defender’s own dashboard
- Web-based surface
- Reports fulfil legal obligations to provide compliance guidelines
All Microsoft Defender Client settings can be configured using DriveLock policies, for example:
- Scan settings for file accesses and reaction protocols if malware is found
- Exceptions for file checks or processes
- Regular scan checks with date and time, frequency and type of response
- Use of the virus scanner when connecting external drives and automatic blocking of access if malware is detected
- Nature and content of end-user notifications